There are many types of “training” available to businesses. The key is to know which type will work best for your team and organization. Here are just a few of what is offered when looking for “training & development”.
- Training: Get people in a room. Pull out their cork. Fill them up with good information. Put their cork back in and send them on their way.
- Consultation: Get people in a room. Find out what their ingredients are. Tell them how to combine their ingredients based on the formula that has worked 60% of the time.
- Facilitation: Get people in a room. Ask them to pour out some of what is in their bottle to share what is in them. Get them to determine the best way to combine the ingredients. Help them build an action plan with buy in to combine for the best results at the right time. Have them schedule the next steps and take them. After they take the steps, ensure they find ways to keep what works and where to improve.
- Mediation: Get people in a room. Ask them to share what is explosive about combining their ingredients. Work with them to find a more effective, less explosive way to combine ingredients.
- Leadership: Chooses which of the tools above will work best at the moment with the audience.
- Management: Uses a checklist derived from whatever was used above and ensures it is efficiently completed on time.
Three things to ask yourself when deciding what type of “training & development” your team and organization needs:
- Do your employees and teams know what type of “training” program works best to ensure that goals are achieved?
- Does your organization have methods to follow-up after “training” has been conducted to ensure new skills can and will be utilized?
- Does your organization track performance and results after “training” received to continually improve?
For a better understanding of which tool to use when, contact our expert Guides.
Our expert Guides can help guide and work with your organization to increase the effectiveness at resolving problems from the bottom up, rather than the top down. We also provide programs for the 3 Rs (Recruiting, Retaining, & Retiring) your employees, along with other Human Resource tools, Strategic Planning, and Improving Communication. We have over 50 years’ combined experience in building strong and effective Leaders, Teams, and organizations to help you on your journey to success.
Your success is in plain sight; it just takes determination and action! Contact us for your complimentary session by calling 800-786-4332, or email Info@AppliedVisionWorks.com. It only takes 30 minutes to get started!