We believe that so much more is possible with action. Leaders and teams that execute produce increased results and live better lives.
There is a formula for execution and action.
Yesterday I was talking to a man who had owned a dozen different companies. He is very successful and is a wonderful man. One of the companies he had funded and was chairman for was a consulting company. This company was very good at what they did and gave great advice. However, it built “books” for clients and did not “get execution and results”.
He asked how we are different, which sparked us to put on paper a public version of our accountability process that has been our success in getting clients to “get execution and results”.
Below are the first 7 ideas that you can use in your organization this month, with more to come in next month’s newsletter (so stay tuned!):
- The Results Checklist: After every meeting, we have a standard format for Actions Assigned, Decisions Made, Open Issues and Completed Items. By each task is a date for it to be completed with whom is responsible for the result.
- Accountability Calls: To follow-up on The Results Checklist, we make phone calls between meetings to ensure actions are taken, assist if there is a problem, motivate if needed and improve if not getting the results.
- SMAART Actions: When we agree on actions, we ensure that they are specific, measurable, and attainable, agreed upon, reasonable and have a time frame. In this way there is no question about the accomplishment of the task and what it looks like.
- 3X and Change The Game: If we try three times to get action and do not get action, we will then change the game. If someone in our office has been calling, we have someone else send an email. If a client is asking Charlie to do it, we tell a story to Susan and ask for her help.
- Use the Heart: While we want to take the most powerful actions, we want to ensure we get people’s hearts first. We ensure that they want to do it for their reasons and that they see the value of it longer term, in a broader context and with a depth of results. This gets them to persist even if the first attempt does not work.
- Coaching the Coaches: We do not just “tell them what to do”, but we coach them on how to coach who is doing it. Whether it is through conative profiles, experience in the area or an understanding of their organization, we want to them to understand “why” and have a strong feel for the right paths and tools to be effective and efficient.
- Leading: Rather than looking at ourselves as coaches, trainers or consultants, we see ourselves as leaders that are working to influence and inspire our “team” towards common goals with excellence and character. This puts a higher burden on us as well as “keeping a contract” with the vision of the organization.
The Comprehensive Independence Builder
If you are interested in learning more accomplishing accountability for actions and results in your leadership team and culture, contact us.
You may also wish to learn more about our unique process for leaders called The Comprehensive Independence BuilderTM, in which we address all of the obstacles you face and help you use innovative strategies to protect and enhance your organization, improve your quality of life and better achieve your goals.
To schedule your Independence Exploration Session or for more information on our platform, please contact us at 800-786-4332 ext. 108, or email@example.com.